- RSS Channel Showcase 2425814
- RSS Channel Showcase 5643497
- RSS Channel Showcase 7380709
- RSS Channel Showcase 7616788
Articles on this Page
- 09/02/11--11:26: _Delaware Veterans H...
- 11/11/11--05:18: _Governor Honors Del...
- 03/15/12--11:11: _New Legislation Wou...
- 03/16/12--09:54: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 05/02/12--11:34: _Delaware State Hous...
- 11/09/12--08:00: _DSHA’s Loans for He...
- 05/14/13--08:37: _Draft Gulf War Task...
- 05/28/13--11:38: _Memorial Day Servic...
- 06/20/13--11:52: _State of Delaware L...
- 06/25/13--10:03: _VA Processes Nearly...
- 06/25/13--10:10: _New Technology in P...
- 06/25/13--10:13: _VA Starts Campaign ...
- 07/05/13--11:22: _U.S. military membe...
- 08/30/13--08:40: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 09/17/13--13:11: _Governor Signs Bill...
- 10/01/13--07:32: _Veterans Field Guid...
- 10/03/13--08:50: _Biden: Financial In...
- 10/18/13--05:20: _VA Resuming Normal ...
- 11/01/13--07:41: _Veterans Day Ceremo...
- 11/08/13--07:45: _State of Delaware G...
- 11/08/13--08:00: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 12/20/13--12:41: _Delaware Veterans H...
- 03/07/14--10:31: _Delaware Employers ...
- 04/10/14--12:09: _Governor Markell, L...
- 05/08/14--15:03: _Senate passes legis...
- 05/10/14--13:07: _The Delaware Commis...
- 06/04/14--12:50: _Delaware Commission...
- 07/21/14--10:55: _Law Changed to Help...
- 09/02/14--08:21: _Delaware Commission...
- 10/07/14--13:26: _Veterans Day Ceremo...
- 11/07/14--09:01: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 02/25/15--06:41: _Delaware Public Arc...
- 02/27/15--07:30: _24th Annual Brain I...
- 04/02/15--14:15: _Bells throughout De...
- 05/04/15--09:35: _Governor Markell La...
- 05/22/15--08:54: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 06/19/15--11:58: _The Traveling Vietn...
- 09/11/15--08:54: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 10/23/15--12:20: _New Efforts Announc...
- 10/28/15--05:55: _Annual Veterans Day...
- 11/13/15--09:26: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 07/29/16--07:52: _Delaware State Park...
- 10/03/16--11:03: _Delaware Part of 50...
- 11/11/16--17:34: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 06/22/17--13:28: _Governor Carney Ann...
- 07/13/17--08:15: _LEGISLATIVE ADVISOR...
- 09/02/11--11:26: Delaware Veterans Home Receives 5-Star Rating For Care
- 11/11/11--05:18: Governor Honors Delaware’s Veterans
- 03/15/12--11:11: New Legislation Would Work to Put Veterans to Work
- 03/16/12--09:54: Governor’s Weekly Message: Helping Veterans with Jobs
- 05/02/12--11:34: Delaware State Housing Authority Launches New Program For Veterans
- 05/14/13--08:37: Draft Gulf War Task Force Report Released
- 05/28/13--11:38: Memorial Day Services for May 30th
- 06/20/13--11:52: State of Delaware Launches Veterans Services Directory
- 06/25/13--10:13: VA Starts Campaign to Raise PTSD Awareness
- 09/17/13--13:11: Governor Signs Bills to Support Delaware Veterans
- 10/01/13--07:32: Veterans Field Guide To Government Shutdown
- 10/18/13--05:20: VA Resuming Normal Operations as Government Shutdown Ends
- 11/01/13--07:41: Veterans Day Ceremony, Memorial Bridge Plaza, November 11, 2013
- 11/08/13--07:45: State of Delaware Gets New World War II Memorial
- 12/20/13--12:41: Delaware Veterans Home Offers a New Way to Donate Online
- 07/21/14--10:55: Law Changed to Help Give Delaware Veterans Fair Access to Jobs
- 10/07/14--13:26: Veterans Day Ceremony, Memorial Bridge Plaza, November 11, 2014
- 02/27/15--07:30: 24th Annual Brain Injury Conference: March 12, 2015
- 05/22/15--08:54: Governor’s Weekly Message: Ending Veteran Homelessness in Delaware
- 06/19/15--11:58: The Traveling Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Museum
- 09/11/15--08:54: Governor’s Weekly Message: Paying Tribute to Those Who Serve
- 10/28/15--05:55: Annual Veterans Day Service: Wednesday, November 11th
- 11/13/15--09:26: Governor’s Weekly Message: Supporting Veterans in Our Community
- 11/11/16--17:34: Governor’s Weekly Message: Ending Veteran Homelessness in Delaware
“Bill Peterson and his team have done a great job in improving the quality of care being provided at the Delaware Veterans Home.” said Governor Markell. “To move from a two-star to a five-star rating so quickly demonstrates how far they have come in a short period of time. Delaware taxpayers have invested a lot over the years to build and operate this facility, and our veterans who live there deserve the best care possible. Now they are getting the superior care we all wanted for them.”
“For hundreds of years, so many Americans have made the ultimate sacrifice,” said Markell. “They put their lives on the line to join our armed forces – defending our nation and earning along the way the noble title of Veteran. That service is remembered with particular reverence and honor this Veterans Day.”
Standing with veterans and members of the Delaware National Guard, Governor Jack Markell and legislative leaders today announced a new effort to help put recent combat veterans to work when they return from service. The “Veterans Opportunity Tax Credit” would give companies a $1,500 annual tax credit for each recent veteran they hired.
Governor Jack Markell talks about how we can help veterans who have fought for us with jobs when they return home. This week, the Governor and Delaware lawmakers announced the Veterans Opportunity Tax Credit legislation which would incentivize companies to hire veterans.
The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) announced today the launch of its new “Loans for Heroes” program, an important product that will provide qualified U.S. veterans with mortgage financing through participating lenders.
Loans for Heroes, which provides veterans with reduced mortgage rates, has funded $3.3 million in mortgage loans since it launched in May of 2012.
Today, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki announced that the Department’s Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses Task Force will publish a
comprehensive draft report.
The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs and La Societe 40&8 will host Memorial Day Service on THURSDAY, MAY 30, 2013 beginning at 10:30 A.M. The Service will be conducted at the Memorial Bridge Plaza, Delaware Memorial Bridge, New Castle, Delaware.
Governor Jack Markell was joined by Delaware Secretary of State Jeffrey Bullock, State Representative Earl G. Jaques Jr. and representatives from the Delaware Commission of Veteran Affairs to announce the launch of the Veterans Services Directory (VSD), an online, searchable database of public and private organizations that provide services to Delaware military veterans and their families.
vThe Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced today that as a result of the initiative launched in April to expedite disability compensation claims decisions for Veterans who have a waited a year or longer, more than 65,000-claims – or 97 percent of all claims over two years old in the inventory – have been eliminated from the backlog.
Capability Marks Major Milestone in VA Transformation to Digital Claims Process
In observance of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) awareness month, the Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD invites the public to participate in its “Take the Step” campaign.
Lecture/tours of the hull of His Majesty’s Sloop DeBraak, an 18th century British warship that sank off the Delaware coast on May 25, 1798. For current and former members of the U.S. military only.
In his weekly message, Governor Markell highlights statewide efforts to secure employment opportunities for Delaware veterans and military personnel. Earlier this week, the Governor signed a proclamation declaring September as “Hire a Vet Month,” which encourages employers to hire those who serve(d) Delaware and the country in the armed forces.
Joined by representatives from various veterans organizations, state officials and members of the Delaware General Assembly, Governor Markell signed House Bill 85 and House Bill 140, establishing the Delaware Veterans Trust Fund and adding it to the list of programs that may receive contributions from personal income tax filings.
Detailed information on VA services and facilities that will and will not be available during the shutdown.
In light of recent settlements between the federal government and large banks over violations of a law designed to offer financial protections to military personnel, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden has sent letters to nearly 30 leading lending institutions asking for information about their compliance with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
Department of Veterans Affairs is working to resume normal operations as quickly as possible. Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) regional offices are re-opening their doors and resuming public contact services for Veterans.
The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs and American Legion, Department of Delaware, will host the Veterans Day Ceremonies on Monday, November 11, 2013.
Monument to be dedicated on the grounds of Legislative Hall. Dedication November 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
Governor Markell highlights ongoing efforts in Delaware to support the men and women who put service above self, as we look ahead to the Veterans Day holiday.
Individuals, businesses and organizations can make tax deductible donations online to the Veterans Home Fund, the Memorial Brick Program and the Friends of the Delaware Veterans Home (501(c)3).
With the return of the Delaware National Guard’s 198th Expeditionary Signal Battalion, Governor Markell, reminds employers about the state’s Veteran’s Opportunity Tax Credit.
Recognizing an unnecessary obstacle that has prevented Delawareans who serve our country from pursuing economic opportunities at home, Governor Markell and members of the General Assembly announced legislation that would help veterans obtain and renew professional licenses.
The State Senate today overwhelmingly passed legislation that broadens consumer protections for Delawareans who serve in the U.S. military and the Delaware National Guard.
One-Stop-Shop Connects Veterans, Transitioning Service Members, and their Spouse to Employers
Dover – The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs will sponsor the 15th Annual Freedom 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, July 5, 2014, 9:00 AM, at Silver Lake Park in Dover. A Healthy Kids Run (kids 8 & under) starts at 8:55 AM. All proceeds will benefit the Delaware Veterans Trust Fund that provides assistance to Delaware’s […]
Eliminating an unnecessary obstacle for Delawareans who serve our country to pursue economic opportunities at home, Governor Markell joined members of the General Assembly and veterans at the Air Mobility Command Museum at Dover Air Force Base to sign legislation that allows veterans to more fairly compete for jobs.
Dover –The 4th Annual Mental Health Summit will be held September 10, 2014 at the Embassy Suites, 654 S. College Ave., Newark. Registration opens at 8:00 AM; the program begins at 8:30 AM. The Summit is sponsored by a multi-agency coalition, including the Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs. The event provides continuing education credits for […]
The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs and the Military Order of the Purple Heart will host the Veterans Day Ceremonies on Tuesday, November 11, 2014. While those who died are also remembered on Veterans Day, which is observed on November 11, Veterans Day is intended to thank and honor all those who served honorably in […]
Governor Markell highlights statewide efforts to improve economic opportunities for veterans.
On February 19, 1945, the United States Marines began their attack on Iwo Jima to secure the island in preparation for the invasion of Japan. For the next seven weeks, American forces were involved in a desperate struggle with the Japanese to gain control of the island. On Saturday, March 7, at 10:30 a.m., retired […]
Where/When: Dover Downs Conference Center on Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. “Joined Voices, Shared Journeys; The Brain Injury Experience” Be a part of the Joined Voices! Register today either on line at www.biaofde.org or download, complete and mail the attached registration form. For more information call the BIAD office at 1-800-411-0505.
Bells across Delaware will ring in commemoration of Robert E. Lee’s 1865 surrender which effectively ending the American Civil War.
Following through on a charge announced during his State of the State Address in January, Governor Markell unveiled plans to end veterans’ homelessness in Delaware.
Governor Markell discusses a statewide effort to end homelessness among veterans in Delaware by the end of 2015.
The Traveling Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Museum Date: July 2 – 5, 2015 Time: Open to the public 24 hours a day Location: Kent County Veterans Memorial Park S. Little Creek Road, Dover (near Kent County Admin Bldg & Blue Hen Mall) Opening Ceremony scheduled for Thursday, July 2, 2015, 10:00 am If you would […]
Governor Markell recognizes the efforts of the men and women of the Delaware National Guard and statewide efforts to continue supporting them and our veterans, as the nation marks the 14th anniversary of the attacks on September 11, 2001.
In New Castle, Governor Markell joined other officials and partners for a meeting of the state working group on the Delaware Challenge to End Veteran Homelessness where they announced several new efforts in the statewide effort to end veteran homelessness.
The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs and the Air Force Sergeants Association would like to take this opportunity to invite you to attend the annual Veterans Day service on Wednesday, November 11, 2015.
Governor Markell discusses efforts in Delaware to support veterans, including increasing access to employment and providing housing assistance, as the nation recognizes Veterans Day.
DNREC’s Division of Parks and Recreation has announced that applications are now being accepted for the 2016/2017 Veterans Conservation Corps – an AmeriCorps National Service program.
The Delaware Department of Justice Consumer Protection Unit announced a settlement with retailer USA Discounters, also doing business as USA Living and Fletcher’s Jewelers, along with 49 other state attorneys general, to resolve the states’ claims of deceptive trade practices against the company. An estimated $203,000 will be paid to Delawareans who were USA Discounters […]
Wilmington, DE – In his weekly message, Governor Markell marks Veterans Day and honors the men and women who have served our nation in uniform by celebrating Delaware’s success in ending veteran homeless through a coordinated statewide initiative announced last year.
Delaware joined the national effort to house homeless veterans in 2015 WILMINGTON, Del. – Governor John Carney announced on Thursday that Delaware has now housed more than 500 formerly homeless veterans since joining the national Mayors Challenge to End Veteran Homelessness in 2015. “Our veterans served because of a heartfelt duty to country. We owe […]
Senate Bill 24, signed this week, will improve access to treatment for Delaware veterans WILMINGTON, Del. – Governor John Carney this week signed into law Senate Bill 24, which will expand access to medical marijuana treatment for Delaware veterans, and other Delawareans, suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. The legislation was sponsored by Senator Margaret Rose […]