- RSS Channel Showcase 5944148
- RSS Channel Showcase 6538747
- RSS Channel Showcase 6202143
- RSS Channel Showcase 3631721
Articles on this Page
- 11/08/13--07:45: _State of Delaware G...
- 11/08/13--08:00: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 11/14/13--11:04: _Delaware Launches N...
- 12/12/13--04:48: _Returning Combat Ve...
- 12/20/13--12:41: _Delaware Veterans H...
- 03/07/14--10:31: _Delaware Employers ...
- 04/10/14--12:09: _Governor Markell, L...
- 05/08/14--15:03: _Senate passes legis...
- 05/10/14--13:07: _The Delaware Commis...
- 06/04/14--12:50: _Delaware Commission...
- 06/12/14--08:15: _Delaware Commission...
- 07/21/14--10:55: _Law Changed to Help...
- 09/02/14--08:21: _Delaware Commission...
- 09/12/14--10:22: _The Delaware Commis...
- 10/07/14--13:26: _Veterans Day Ceremo...
- 11/07/14--09:01: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 02/25/15--06:41: _Delaware Public Arc...
- 02/27/15--07:30: _24th Annual Brain I...
- 04/02/15--14:15: _Bells throughout De...
- 05/04/15--09:35: _Governor Markell La...
- 11/08/13--07:45: State of Delaware Gets New World War II Memorial
- 12/12/13--04:48: Returning Combat Veteran Seminar
- 12/20/13--12:41: Delaware Veterans Home Offers a New Way to Donate Online
- 06/12/14--08:15: Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs Observes Flag Day
- 07/21/14--10:55: Law Changed to Help Give Delaware Veterans Fair Access to Jobs
- 10/07/14--13:26: Veterans Day Ceremony, Memorial Bridge Plaza, November 11, 2014
- 02/27/15--07:30: 24th Annual Brain Injury Conference: March 12, 2015
Monument to be dedicated on the grounds of Legislative Hall. Dedication November 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
Governor Markell highlights ongoing efforts in Delaware to support the men and women who put service above self, as we look ahead to the Veterans Day holiday.
The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs has launched a new online application for making donations to programs that serve veterans. Donors can easily make online contributions to the Delaware Veterans Trust Fund and the Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery.
Dover – The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs will host a Returning Combat Veteran Seminar at 12:00 PM on December 13, 2013 at their office in Dover at 802 Silver Lake Blvd, Suite 100, Dover, DE 19904. Ms. Shannon Bordley, LCSW, Post Deployment Care Team, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs will provide information [...]
Individuals, businesses and organizations can make tax deductible donations online to the Veterans Home Fund, the Memorial Brick Program and the Friends of the Delaware Veterans Home (501(c)3).
With the return of the Delaware National Guard’s 198th Expeditionary Signal Battalion, Governor Markell, reminds employers about the state’s Veteran’s Opportunity Tax Credit.
Recognizing an unnecessary obstacle that has prevented Delawareans who serve our country from pursuing economic opportunities at home, Governor Markell and members of the General Assembly announced legislation that would help veterans obtain and renew professional licenses.
The State Senate today overwhelmingly passed legislation that broadens consumer protections for Delawareans who serve in the U.S. military and the Delaware National Guard.
One-Stop-Shop Connects Veterans, Transitioning Service Members, and their Spouse to Employers
Dover – The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs will sponsor the 15th Annual Freedom 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, July 5, 2014, 9:00 AM, at Silver Lake Park in Dover. A Healthy Kids Run (kids 8 & under) starts at 8:55 AM. All proceeds will benefit the Delaware Veterans Trust Fund that provides assistance to Delaware’s […]
Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Millsboro, DE will host a commemorative service on Saturday June 14th. The program begins at 10:00 a.m.
Eliminating an unnecessary obstacle for Delawareans who serve our country to pursue economic opportunities at home, Governor Markell joined members of the General Assembly and veterans at the Air Mobility Command Museum at Dover Air Force Base to sign legislation that allows veterans to more fairly compete for jobs.
Dover –The 4th Annual Mental Health Summit will be held September 10, 2014 at the Embassy Suites, 654 S. College Ave., Newark. Registration opens at 8:00 AM; the program begins at 8:30 AM. The Summit is sponsored by a multi-agency coalition, including the Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs. The event provides continuing education credits for […]
Dover – The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs announces the Delaware 2014 Veterans’ Stand Down on October 3, Friday from 8 AM to 3 PM at the Walter L. Fox Post #2 American Legion on 835 Bay Road, Dover 19901. Stand Downs are just one part of Veterans Affairs efforts to provide services to homeless […]
The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs and the Military Order of the Purple Heart will host the Veterans Day Ceremonies on Tuesday, November 11, 2014. While those who died are also remembered on Veterans Day, which is observed on November 11, Veterans Day is intended to thank and honor all those who served honorably in […]
Governor Markell highlights statewide efforts to improve economic opportunities for veterans.
On February 19, 1945, the United States Marines began their attack on Iwo Jima to secure the island in preparation for the invasion of Japan. For the next seven weeks, American forces were involved in a desperate struggle with the Japanese to gain control of the island. On Saturday, March 7, at 10:30 a.m., retired […]
Where/When: Dover Downs Conference Center on Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. “Joined Voices, Shared Journeys; The Brain Injury Experience” Be a part of the Joined Voices! Register today either on line at www.biaofde.org or download, complete and mail the attached registration form. For more information call the BIAD office at 1-800-411-0505.
Bells across Delaware will ring in commemoration of Robert E. Lee’s 1865 surrender which effectively ending the American Civil War.
Following through on a charge announced during his State of the State Address in January, Governor Markell unveiled plans to end veterans’ homelessness in Delaware.