- RSS Channel Showcase 6428557
- RSS Channel Showcase 6023626
- RSS Channel Showcase 2176475
- RSS Channel Showcase 6304626
Articles on this Page
- 09/02/11--11:26: _Delaware Veterans H...
- 11/11/11--05:18: _Governor Honors Del...
- 03/15/12--11:11: _New Legislation Wou...
- 03/16/12--09:54: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 05/02/12--11:34: _Delaware State Hous...
- 11/09/12--08:00: _DSHA’s Loans for He...
- 01/23/13--09:38: _New Executive Direc...
- 05/14/13--08:37: _Draft Gulf War Task...
- 05/28/13--11:38: _Memorial Day Servic...
- 06/20/13--11:52: _State of Delaware L...
- 06/25/13--10:03: _VA Processes Nearly...
- 06/25/13--10:10: _New Technology in P...
- 06/25/13--10:13: _VA Starts Campaign ...
- 07/05/13--11:22: _U.S. military membe...
- 08/30/13--08:40: _Governor’s Weekly M...
- 09/17/13--13:11: _Governor Signs Bill...
- 10/01/13--07:32: _Veterans Field Guid...
- 10/03/13--08:50: _Biden: Financial In...
- 10/18/13--05:20: _VA Resuming Normal ...
- 11/01/13--07:41: _Veterans Day Ceremo...
- 09/02/11--11:26: Delaware Veterans Home Receives 5-Star Rating For Care
- 11/11/11--05:18: Governor Honors Delaware’s Veterans
- 03/15/12--11:11: New Legislation Would Work to Put Veterans to Work
- 03/16/12--09:54: Governor’s Weekly Message: Helping Veterans with Jobs
- 05/02/12--11:34: Delaware State Housing Authority Launches New Program For Veterans
- 01/23/13--09:38: New Executive Director Named for State Veterans Commission
- 05/14/13--08:37: Draft Gulf War Task Force Report Released
- 05/28/13--11:38: Memorial Day Services for May 30th
- 06/20/13--11:52: State of Delaware Launches Veterans Services Directory
- 06/25/13--10:13: VA Starts Campaign to Raise PTSD Awareness
- 09/17/13--13:11: Governor Signs Bills to Support Delaware Veterans
- 10/01/13--07:32: Veterans Field Guide To Government Shutdown
- 10/18/13--05:20: VA Resuming Normal Operations as Government Shutdown Ends
- 11/01/13--07:41: Veterans Day Ceremony, Memorial Bridge Plaza, November 11, 2013
“Bill Peterson and his team have done a great job in improving the quality of care being provided at the Delaware Veterans Home.” said Governor Markell. “To move from a two-star to a five-star rating so quickly demonstrates how far they have come in a short period of time. Delaware taxpayers have invested a lot over the years to build and operate this facility, and our veterans who live there deserve the best care possible. Now they are getting the superior care we all wanted for them.”
“For hundreds of years, so many Americans have made the ultimate sacrifice,” said Markell. “They put their lives on the line to join our armed forces – defending our nation and earning along the way the noble title of Veteran. That service is remembered with particular reverence and honor this Veterans Day.”
Standing with veterans and members of the Delaware National Guard, Governor Jack Markell and legislative leaders today announced a new effort to help put recent combat veterans to work when they return from service. The “Veterans Opportunity Tax Credit” would give companies a $1,500 annual tax credit for each recent veteran they hired.
Governor Jack Markell talks about how we can help veterans who have fought for us with jobs when they return home. This week, the Governor and Delaware lawmakers announced the Veterans Opportunity Tax Credit legislation which would incentivize companies to hire veterans.
The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) announced today the launch of its new “Loans for Heroes” program, an important product that will provide qualified U.S. veterans with mortgage financing through participating lenders.
Loans for Heroes, which provides veterans with reduced mortgage rates, has funded $3.3 million in mortgage loans since it launched in May of 2012.
John Knotts was recently selected as the new Executive Director of the Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs. As Executive Director, Mr. Knotts oversees the staff of the Commission which assists, advises and represents Delaware’s veterans and their dependents regarding available programs and benefits.
Today, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki announced that the Department’s Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses Task Force will publish a
comprehensive draft report.
The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs and La Societe 40&8 will host Memorial Day Service on THURSDAY, MAY 30, 2013 beginning at 10:30 A.M. The Service will be conducted at the Memorial Bridge Plaza, Delaware Memorial Bridge, New Castle, Delaware.
Governor Jack Markell was joined by Delaware Secretary of State Jeffrey Bullock, State Representative Earl G. Jaques Jr. and representatives from the Delaware Commission of Veteran Affairs to announce the launch of the Veterans Services Directory (VSD), an online, searchable database of public and private organizations that provide services to Delaware military veterans and their families.
vThe Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced today that as a result of the initiative launched in April to expedite disability compensation claims decisions for Veterans who have a waited a year or longer, more than 65,000-claims – or 97 percent of all claims over two years old in the inventory – have been eliminated from the backlog.
Capability Marks Major Milestone in VA Transformation to Digital Claims Process
In observance of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) awareness month, the Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD invites the public to participate in its “Take the Step” campaign.
Lecture/tours of the hull of His Majesty’s Sloop DeBraak, an 18th century British warship that sank off the Delaware coast on May 25, 1798. For current and former members of the U.S. military only.
In his weekly message, Governor Markell highlights statewide efforts to secure employment opportunities for Delaware veterans and military personnel. Earlier this week, the Governor signed a proclamation declaring September as “Hire a Vet Month,” which encourages employers to hire those who serve(d) Delaware and the country in the armed forces.
Joined by representatives from various veterans organizations, state officials and members of the Delaware General Assembly, Governor Markell signed House Bill 85 and House Bill 140, establishing the Delaware Veterans Trust Fund and adding it to the list of programs that may receive contributions from personal income tax filings.
Detailed information on VA services and facilities that will and will not be available during the shutdown.
In light of recent settlements between the federal government and large banks over violations of a law designed to offer financial protections to military personnel, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden has sent letters to nearly 30 leading lending institutions asking for information about their compliance with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
Department of Veterans Affairs is working to resume normal operations as quickly as possible. Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) regional offices are re-opening their doors and resuming public contact services for Veterans.
The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs and American Legion, Department of Delaware, will host the Veterans Day Ceremonies on Monday, November 11, 2013.